My name is Rolf Tesmer (aka blogging name Mr. Fox SQL) and I work as a Senior Architect (Azure | Data | Analytics | AI) in the Microsoft Customer Success Unit (CSU) in Melbourne (Australia).
I started working with the SQL platform on Version 6.0 (that’s 1994!) – and have probably scoped and delivered 100’s of successful data solutions over that time touching just about every technology around cloud, data, streaming, ML/AI, … and many more. In fact I blogged about my journey alongside the rise of SQL Server here, which has a fun downloadable slide deck!
I’ve had the opportunity to present extensively including at PASS, TechEd, Ignite, SQL Saturday, Australian Computer Society (ACS), SQL User Groups, Customer & Partner Roadshows, etc to audiences both large (500+) and small (5+) and really enjoy sharing new ideas.
From a personal tech interest perspective, I love All Things Cloud + Data (Azure, Data Warehousing, Streaming Data / IoT, Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence, BI / Visualisation / Story-Telling and Spatial)
I have several Azure Data & AI/ML certifications covering many disciplines…
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert (AZ303, AZ304)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Scientist Associate (DP100)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Engineer Associate (AI100)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate (DP200, DP201)
- Microsoft Certified: Data Analyst Associate (DA100)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate (DP300)
- I also have 4x other MCSE certifications (on-prem platforms)
SOLUTIONS AND AWARDS;
I’ve also been honored to win some pretty cool awards at Microsoft, including a major global Technology Solutions Excellence Award (TSEA) in 2021. I was one of only 7 CSU individual-contributors globally that won the award, which was for program delivery of an MLOps architecture for a major Energy Customer.
You can find all public referenceable news publications in my Linked In profile “Featured” section.
BAU AS A MICROSOFT CLOUD ARCHITECT;
From a day-to-day BAU work angle, as an Senior Azure Cloud Architect (CSA) at Microsoft I focus on Data, Analytics or AI programs of work, solutions design/architecture, migrations, best practices and deployment guidance in the following key technology areas;
- SQL Server / RDBMS on Azure (VM / IaaS)
- Azure SQL Database (PaaS) & Azure PostgreSQL Database (PaaS)
- Azure Synapse (aka DW) (PaaS)
- Azure Databricks (PaaS)
- Azure Data Factory (PaaS)
- Azure CosmosDB (NoSQL) (PaaS)
- Azure Event/IoT Hubs (PaaS) & Stream Analytics (PaaS)
- Azure Data Lake Storage (PaaS)
- Azure Machine Learning Services (AML) (PaaS), and MLOps (PaaS)
- Azure Cognitive Services (AI) (PaaS)
- Power BI (SaaS)
- Azure architectural designs, customer data strategy, prototypes/PoC, deployment guidance, security
I also have deep experience in many solutioning areas, including;
- Database Design & Development & Consulting
- Data Warehousing & ETL/ELT (Kimball, SSIS, CDC, MDS, ADF)
- BI & Analytics (SSRS, SharePoint, Power BI)
- Infrastructure (Storage, Virtualization, Cloud Migrations, Consolidation, HA/DR)
- Performance Tuning & Troubleshooting & Scalability
- Database Reviews/Audits and applying “Real World” Best Practices
- Licensing & Compliance (ie getting the most of your investments)
- Database Managed Services (ie outsourcing / out-tasking)
Contacts & Information
I can be found in the following places;
|You Tube Channel||https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf4voJ1GYsFmQ96XIFUYg3Q/playlists|
So, why blog as Mr. Fox SQL…?
I have been in the consulting / solution architecture space since 2004 and the blogging / newsgroup communities have been a regular and essential support tool during that time. I truly believe that a key strength of the SQL and Microsoft eco-system comes not only from successful vendor development and vision but also from a broad, engaged and supportive community. It’s what set the data platform apart from “the rest“!
Also – I have been interested in blogging for many years however due to timing issues it was difficult to get a foothold. However now its great to get started.
This blog is all about tracking and reporting on interesting technology in general, Azure, BI and/or anything SQL/database related I have come across in the past/present/future, presentation & speaking that I may be doing or interesting projects that may be on the go.
For specific disclaimers about my blog, and the content on it, please refer to the Notes & Disclaimers section.
…so, the big question often is Why Mr. Fox SQL? Well its colorful, catchy, different and (possibly even)… memorable…?!
Disclaimer: all content on Mr. Fox SQL blog is subject to the disclaimer found here